The Dell Streak 7, powered by a dual-core 1Ghz Tegra processor natively runs Android 2.2 Froyo. When launched, there were hints by Dell that the company may release an official Honeycomb update for the Streak 7.
The ROM, named HoneyStreak HD7 is still a Beta at this stage but compared to numerous other Honeycomb ports for other Android devices, this one is pretty stable and should mature in no time with future updates.
- Root Your Dell Streak 7.
- A custom recovery installed.
- Download This HoneyStreak HD7 ROM.
- To begin, download the ROM from the download link above and extract the zip file.
- Now backup your internal storage on the streak as the installation process will wipe it clean.
- Power the device off and unplug the USB cable (if attached) from it.
- Keeping both the volume keys pressed, connect the USB cable to the device. (This should boot your device into APX mode.)
- You will be prompted with a driver installation so choose to update the driver through have diskand navigate to the folder usbpcdriver located in the folder where you extracted the ROM package. You will now see one driver so choose that.
- Once the driver is installed, run Flash.bat and let the ROM install on your device.
- Once the installation box disappears, power on your Streak 7.
- If the device goes to sleep without being plugged into a power source such as the pc or the mains, it could power down.
- Video chat works, but there’s a catch to it. You wont be able to hear the callers voice, but that person will be able to hear you.
- Google Apps, will work as long as you have the LCD density set to 106 or below.